Monday, September 12, 2011

A nice email from Aidan's hockey coach

Aidan had his 2nd-ever hockey game yesterday, Sunday Sept 11. 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 penalty. But turns out that is probably not what we should remember of his debut weekend. Here is an email Joe got from the coach today:

FYI – I ran into Aidan at the rink on Sunday morning and we talked for a few minutes about the game from the day before. Then he says to me, "Coach, do you think it would be okay if we did the Pledge of Allegiance today before the game, with everything going on?" I was floored. How thoughtful of that little boy to remember the tragedy of 9/11 and his country! So after I gave my pre-game prep talk I told the boys what Aidan wanted to do and I asked him if he would lead us, and he did. We all stood, put our hands over our hearts and gave the Pledge! It shot goose bumps down my spine and made me very proud of that little boy.

We are very proud of him too.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Wow, I'm so impressed by Aidan's real display of patriotism! Instead of just playing in the hockey game, Aidan realized what 9/11 really stood for & made a difference with his amazing request! You must be so proud of your son!

Who's visiting?