Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8


The optimist in me likes silver linings.  The big one for my commute is books on CD.  It really makes my upwards of 2 hour drive bearable.  Yes, I do listen to Sirius as well...I gotta have my Howard Stern too.  But I love getting lost in a good story while driving.  I also read a lot and nearly always have a 'real' book going at the same time I am listening to one.

I try to keep track of what I read, but I do forget to write some down.  Here is what I tracked reading/listening to in 2012.  My favorites are starred.


Faith by Jennifer Haigh
Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh
Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh
*Dream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg.
Boom! Talking about the Sixties by Tom Brokaw
Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose
*Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake  by Anna Quindlen
Summer People by Elin Hillenbrand
Home Front by Kristin Hannah
Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster
Heaven Is For Real by Todd Bumpo
Coming Up for Air by Patty Callahan Henry
No Time to Wave Goodbye by Jacquelyn Mitchard
The Island by Elin Hillenbrand
The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
Skinnydipping by Bethenney Frankel
The Arrivals by Meg Mitchell Moore
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
Penelope by Rebecca Harrington
*The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
Summerland by Elin Hillenbrand
The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty
*Bossypants by Tina Fey
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
Last Night by Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger

1 comment:

~Anne said...

Dream When You're Feeling Blue is one of my absolute FAVORITES!!!

Who's visiting?